#1 among Top Rated Tax Preparation Services in San Jose

Category : Tax

Tax Preparation Services, San Jose, CA

San Jose Tax Day 2011

Category : Tax

This year’s San Jose Tax Day is: April 18, 2011

What Services do you Provide?

Category : Featured, Tax

At San Jose Tax Services, we provide your complete tax preparation solutions. We specialize in individual and business income tax returns.

  • 1040-EZ, 1040A and 1040
  • W-2’s
  • First Time Homebuyer Credit
  • Recovery Rebate Credit
  • Unreimbursed Employee Business Expense (Form 2106)
  • Casualty Theft and Losses (Form 4684)
  • 1099-Interest Income
  • 10980E Student Loan Interest Statement
  • Childcare & Dependent Care Credit (Form 2441)
  • Earned Income Credit Worksheet (Form 8867)
  • Student Loan Interest Deduction (Form 1098-E)
  • Hope Scholarship, Lifetime Credit and Tuition Deduction
  • Schedule A (Itemized Deductions)
  • 1099-G Government Payments
  • 1099-R Retirement Income

Why are our Prices so Low?

Category : Featured, Tax

Here at San Jose Tax Services we are committed to providing you the best income tax preparation services, at a very affordable price.

Like all experienced and well-known California income tax businesses, we:

    • Are bonded by a Surety Bond
    • Have taken hundreds of hours of tax courses to keep up-to-date with tax laws and the tax environment, which change every year
    • Are CTEC certified and registered to ensure the highest standard of tax preparation

      Our services are held to the highest standard. By offering our services as a professional and done the right time, we get most of our businesses through referrals from satisfied customers.  As a thank you to those who are active in our referrals, we offer 50% off for anyone who refers 3 new clients, and 100% off for anyone who refers 5 new clients.

      Before explaining why our prices are so low, lets see why other prices are so high. → Continue

      What is the American Opportunity Credit?

      Category : Tax

      Q1. Are there any changes to the tax credits for college expenses?

      A. The American opportunity tax credit, which expanded and renamed the already-existing Hope credit, can be claimed for tuition and certain fees you pay for higher education in 2009 and 2010.

      Q2. The Hope credit originally applied only to the first two years of college. Has that changed?

      A. Yes. The American opportunity tax credit can be claimed for expenses for the first four years of post-secondary education.

      Q3. How much is the American opportunity tax credit worth? → Continue

      Do I need to file if I have Income as a Babysitter?

      Category : Tax

      If you earn money as a babysitter, it is considered self-employed income.

      If you earned more than $400 in the past year, you will have to file a federal tax return. → Continue

      How to file return for a deceased relative

      Category : Tax

      Please add the word “Deceased” after the decedent’s name in the name and address section of the final return. Also, please add the date of death across the top of the final return. If the decedent is due a refund, it may be necessary to file Form 1310, Statement of Person Claiming Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer, with the return. → Continue

      Deduct Job Search Expenses

      Category : Tax

      Job Search Expenses are deductible under Itemized Deduction. But as with most itemized deduction, it is better to take the Standard Deduction if it is higher. → Continue

      Is Unemployment Compensation Taxable?

      Category : Tax

      Short answer: Yes

      Yes, your state unemployment insurance benefits (up to 26 weeks) and your extended benefits (up to an
      additional 13 weeks) are taxable. You may choose to have 10% withheld for federal taxes by completing
      Form W-4V. The State will provide you with a Form 1099-G prior to January 31st of each year, showing
      the amount of taxable benefits paid in the prior year. → Continue

      Earned Income Tax Credit

      Category : Featured, Tax

      Earned Income Tax Credit is one of the few refundable tax credits you can get even if you do not owe any taxes.

      The maximum credit for the 2010 Tax Year has been increased to $5,666.

      Earned Income Credit
      Tax Year 2010
      No. of Children Maximum credit Earned Income/AGI Each Less Than
      0 $457 $13,460 ($18,470 if Married Filing Joint)
      1 $3,050 $35,535 ($40,545 if Married Filing Joint)
      2 $5,036 $40,363 ($45,373 if Married Filing Joint)
      3 or more $5,666 $43,352 ($48,362 if Married Filing Joint)
      Taxpayers with investment income of more than $3,100 are not eligible for the credit.